Sports

[Sports][grids]

Health

[Health][list]

business

[Business][bleft]

International

[International][list]

TECHNOLOGY

[TECHNOLOGY][bleft]

‘I’m renowned as finisher in Pakistan’ says Iftikhar Ahmed

Karachi: Islamabad United’s batsman Iftikhar Ahmed has stated that he is known for finishing matches with the bat in Pakistan.

The 30-year-old Iftikhar in a post-match interview said that a middle-order batsman needs to take the game all the way to the end for the team

“First of all I am very thankful to Allah that I could perform at such an important time and won my team the match. You need to have confidence in yourself in these types of situations. Because when you have confidence in yourself then you can carry your team toward the finishing line. I had confidence in myself and that is why I got the job done,” Iftikhar said.

“I am famous for finishing games in Pakistan and I always try to do this because a middle-order batsman’s role is to take the game deep and take his team to the finishing line,” he added.

Note, Iftikhar scored an unbeaten 37-ball 49, leading his side to five-wicket win over defending champions Karachi Kings last night in sixth fixture of PSL 6. He stroked three sixes and two fours.

Read: Iftikhar, Hussain dominate in run-chase for Islamabad United



Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :