Sports

[Sports][grids]

Health

[Health][list]

business

[Business][bleft]

International

[International][list]

TECHNOLOGY

[TECHNOLOGY][bleft]

‘Maybe PSL 7 will be my last event’ Afridi hints at retirement from cricket

Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has hinted at saying goodbye to cricket after revealing that the next year’s Pakistan Super League (PSL) could well be his last season.

Afridi is currently contracted with Multan Sultans, his third franchise in the league. He has earlier played for Karachi Kings (one season) and Peshawar Zalmi (two seasons but has mentioned that he would like to represent Quetta Gladiators.

“Maybe this ends up being my last PSL. I would like to play for Quetta Gladiators this season, provided Multan Sultans allow me to leave. If Nadeem Omar and Quetta’s owners want to have me, I would love to represent them,” Afridi told reporters.

Read: ‘I’ve suggested Ramiz Bhai to not change current PCB system’ Afridi

The 41-year-old Afridi opined that playing cricket in bio-bubble is quite difficult. “If I’m still playing, it is because of my fans but the bio-secure bubble is very difficult for players,” he added.

It must be noted that PSL 7 will take place in January-February 2022 as Australia is scheduled to tour Pakistan in late February for the all-formats series.

Read: PCB shifts PSL 7 to host Australia next year



Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :