Sports

[Sports][grids]

Health

[Health][list]

business

[Business][bleft]

International

[International][list]

TECHNOLOGY

[TECHNOLOGY][bleft]

‘What happened is past, should focus on NZ series now’ Saqlain Mushtaq

LAHORE: Pakistan team’s interim coach Saqlain Mushtaq said that his complete focus is on the home ODI and T20I series against New Zealand, penciled in from September 17 to October 3. 

While talking to reporters, Saqlain refused to comment on Misbah-ul-Haq and Waqar Younis’s resignations and said people should move on from it.

“What happened is past and I don’t want to go into it. PCB is handling this matter and they will deal it accordingly,” he stated.

“My focus as an interim coach is the upcoming New Zealand series. This will be my first assignment and I will try my best to utilize my coaching experience to make this bunch competitive for the games,” he said.

Saqlain said the next two to three months will be important for Pakistan but he has no long terms plan, for now, to continue as coach. “I have been given this short-term role and my focus is just the New Zealand series. This series will be a preparatory one for the team so we will make sure to try different combinations,” he said.

“I have nothing to do with the selection. My job is to utilize the given players in their capacity and help them compete in the ground,” he responded to a query about criticism on selection.

READ: Misbah, Waqar step down as national team coaches



Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :