Sports

[Sports][grids]

Health

[Health][list]

business

[Business][bleft]

International

[International][list]

TECHNOLOGY

[TECHNOLOGY][bleft]

Zimbabwe’s Brendan Taylor announces retirement from international cricket

Harare: Former Zimbabwe captain and wicketkeeper-batsman Brendan Taylor has announced his retirement from international cricket.

The 35-year-old Taylor will bring an end to his 17-year-long career after playing the third and final ODI against Ireland in Belfast on Monday, September 13.

Taylor, who made his debut for Zimbabwe in 2004, came up with a heartfelt social media post. “It’s with a heavy heart that I’m announcing that tomorrow is my last game for my beloved country. 17 years of extreme highs and extreme lows and I wouldn’t change it for the world,” Taylor wrote.

“It’s taught me to be humble, to always remind myself how lucky I was to be in the position I was in for so long. To wear the badge with pride and leave everything on the field.

“My goal was to always leave the team in a better position as when I first arrived back in 2004, I hope I have done that.”

He played 34 Tests, 204 ODIs, 45 T20Is and scored 2320 runs in Tests, 6677 runs in ODIs and 934 runs in T20Is.

Note, Taylor moved away from international cricket and played for Nottinghamshire in county cricket as a Kolpak signing after 2015 World Cup in Australia/ New Zealand. He played for Notts till September 2017.

Read: Dale Steyn announces retirement from all forms of cricket



Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :